Friday, August 3, 2012

A Utah Reunion

It has been 19 months...19...since Karen, Christina and I have all been together. That is a long time...long, I tell ya! I have visited with Christina and Christina has visited Karen and Karen and I have visited each other, but for 19 months we have not been able to all visit together...did you get that?

No?!

Okay, so it has been 19 months....just kidding!

Last week, Karen made the long drive to Utah to begin a new chapter of her life...one that will be awesome because of the dry air and high altitude...anyway, because I am on summer break I was able to go as well.

Utah + Christian + Karen + Mary = Totally Fun Adventures!

To start our adventure, take a drive with us south on I-15 to Pleasant Grove, UT. Only in Pleasant Grove can you eat a purple turtle...I mean only in UT can you eat at The Purple Turtle. We enjoyed hamburgers, tater tots and ice cream (I had a chocolate malt and it was divine!)

Purple Turtle: Yummy, slightly greasy yet delicious hamburger joint in Pleasant Grove UT
"Napoleon, give me some of your tots." Video Clip
Are you finished with your dinner? Yes? Good...time to get back in the car and head North East on Provo Canyon Road. If your windows are not clean, you will want to wash them before you head to the canyon...the views are better through clear windows (most views are).

Once in Provo Canyon, there are several sites to see, but on this trip we are going to veer to the left and take the Alpine Scenic Hwy, more commonly referred to as the Alpine Loop. This trek is going to take us back north and take us through the mountains to Alpine UT.

This drive is one of my absolute favorite places in Utah...it is hands down gorgeous. Christina takes a good photo, but the photos below just don't do the area justice...sorry Christina, you know I love ya!

Headed to the Aspen Loop
Hi Christina!
"High on a Mountain Top"
Reminds me of Brigadoon...
A grove of Aspen trees...hence the name Aspen Grove...haha
Makes me want to run and sing like Maria...
Pretty drive
Heaven?
While on your mini road trip, you must take a few fun photos...here are a few of my favorites

Not complete without a shadow picture :)
Only a photographer...
My what lovely eyes you have...
Daydreaming?
Together Again!
Once your trip through the Alpine Loop is complete you can go back south to Utah County or travel North (like we did) and visit Salt Lake County...

We decided to drive to Draper UT (South East in Salt Lake County) and see the span of the valley...it is quite impressive...lots of twinkling lights.

Salt Lake Valley
Can we say beautiful?
When you are in Salt Lake County, travel North on I-15...you must stop in Salt Lake City and visit Temple Square. Temple Square is the world headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There are so many fun elements of the site; it is just so peaceful and awe-inspiring and well wonderful. Even if you are not a member of the church, you should go. I promise that you will not regret it; if you do send me an email and we can talk.

Before you go, check out this website to get some good information...Temple Square

If you can make your trip on a Thursday evening, you can sit in on a Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsal. I have heard them sing several times (in person) and they are amazing!

Check out this link to one of their last concerts...beautiful!
 Pioneer Day Concert

Temple Square: Everyone is welcome
Salt Lake Temple
Beautiful gardens
A wee bit tired...
The tabernacle
The three of us had a wonderful time visiting. Karen and Christina may tell you that I was slightly goofy and there was an enormous amount of giggling, but they are not to be trusted ;) We cemented our long awaited get together with pedicures...matchy blue nail polish.

Hello Toes... 
I sincerely hope that our next visit happens before 2014 but if it doesn't, 
I am sure the get together will be amazing!

Love you girls! I hope you have many fantastic moments in Utah! 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment